ball point pen on car fabric

Does anyone know how to remove ball point pen on a car seat? I haven't tried cleaning it yet because I don't want it to smear. Waiting for your help....

Reply to
Boca Jan

Hi Jan,

Try using nail varnish remover - often work a treat - but test an area of the fabric first in case there's a reaction.

Methylated Spirits is another good remedy. Take a look at

where there's an example of a biro stain being removed from a t-shirt.

Reply to
DrClean

Rubbing alcohol

Reply to
jamie

-> > Does anyone know how to remove ball point pen on a car seat? I haven't

-> tried

-> > cleaning it yet because I don't want it to smear. Waiting for your

-> help....

-> >

-> >

-> Hi Jan,

->

-> Try using nail varnish remover - often work a treat - but test an area of

-> the fabric first in case there's a reaction.

->

-> Methylated Spirits is another good remedy. Take a look at

->

where there's an

-> example of a biro stain being removed from a t-shirt.

For those who don't know, biro=ball point pen.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

That was a timely post for me. I was just reading a UK author who mentioned "biro" and "hoover" as words frowned upon by editors, for being brand names that should be capitalized. We're familiar with Hoover vacuums in the US, but Biro didn't ring a bell. Now that I know they're pens, I think I might have seen the brand here, but I don't think it's very common.

Reply to
jamie

Only thing I have found to be 100% successful (and you may have to redo the process a few times) is "Ink Away", a product made by the same folks a "Goo-Gone"

Sijka

Reply to
sijka

| > -> Methylated Spirits is another good remedy. Take a look at | > ->

where there's an | > -> example of a biro stain being removed from a t-shirt. | >

| > For those who don't know, biro=ball point pen. | | That was a timely post for me. I was just reading a UK author who | mentioned "biro" and "hoover" as words frowned upon by editors, for | being brand names that should be capitalized. We're familiar with | Hoover vacuums in the US, but Biro didn't ring a bell. Now that I | know they're pens, I think I might have seen the brand here, but | I don't think it's very common.

BIC, owner of the trademark, used it for a while on Round Stic Bic Pens, but eventually quit doing so in the USA.

john cline ii, who hopes that helps

Reply to
john cline ii