alternative English

I have a supply of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene, suitable for making washboards. I'd like to sell it through ebay in the uk, where I understand most people use washboards. What do they call washboard abs in the uk?

Reply to
j Burns

Well I am sure this will make the trolling lurkers "sit up" and take note however it doesnt fool me. If I wish to use a washboard I can take my louvre doors off and put them over a bucket on the floor. scrubbing back and forth, like rowing a boat will keep my tummy trim and my clothes spotless. I do it all the time. Perhaps you should try, fat bellies are unhealthy.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Is "belles" uk slang for "chicks"? If you'd ever even seen the Louvre doors, you would know there's a sign above them: "pas de grasses poussins."

Reply to
j Burns

what ARE you raving on about?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Je toi demande pardon. J'ai supposé que tu savais français. Le signe sur la porte au Louvre dit "No fat chicks. "

Reply to
The Other J Burns

granted

J'ai supposé que tu savais français. I do

Le signe sur

This is not an expression one uses where I live

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Let me guess... No fat belles?

Reply to
The Other J Burns

I only know of one.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

You only know of one expression?

Reply to
The Other J Burns

Where's the other J Burns?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Here I am.

Reply to
The Other J Burns

You've ate J Burns haven't you! Hence the fat belly.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

If you must know, there a notorious troll who goes by the name of JBurns. I certainly don't eat trolls. I want readers to know I'm the other one, lest I be mistakenly plonked.

Reply to
The Other J Burns

Readers??? What readers? There's no one here except me, you and J Burns

- who's a bit like Jonah. When he's vomited up he can always come here to ask how to clean whale sick. Bye!

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Rats! Mistakenly plonked again!

Reply to