What is a res bar?

I work in an architectural practice and have heard the term 'res bar' mentioned quite a few times recently. I'm assuming it's related to sound and the dampening of, in a wall. Does anybody know what it is?

And before you suggest to ask my work colleagues, I'm at a level in the firm where I should know what the term means, but don't, so asking the question would be a bit embarrasing. TIA.

Mike

Reply to
NumboJumbo

An interesting, if all too common, situation. What about context? Who uses the term and what is the topic?

tbasc

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com:

Yeah, "Pop-quiz, people! WHo knows what a res-bar is?"

;)

Reply to
Kris Krieger