REVCLOUD command

By Jos van Doorn

We've got a very interesting command. The REVCLOUD command. The commands has get to do with drawing a revision cloud.

Using the REVCLOUD command you can draw a revision cloud. To indicate what has been changed in the drawing or so.

How a revision cloud is created. Easy. REVCLOUD is typed at the command prompt and the REVCLOUD command starts. These are the prompts.

Minimum arc length: 10 Maximum arc length: 10 Style: Normal Specify start point or [Arc length/Object/Style] :

In the first prompt the settings of the REVCLOUD command are given. Also the style of the revision cloud is given. That can be NORMAL and CALLIGRAPHY.

We want to change the lengths of the arc. We type A at the prompt of the REVCLOUD command. We can now enter a values for the lengths of the arc.

If you type S at the prompt of the REVCLOUD command, you can change the style that is used. You can go for the NORMAL style and the CALLIGRAPHY style.

We have the option to select an object. That is the default option. To invoke that option the right mouse button is pressed.

We can select any object. A line, a circle, an arc, a polyline. But take care. Because what we select is turned into a revision cloud.

But let's do it in the way that is used most of the time. We pick a point. That point is the start point of the revision cloud. We move the cursor over the screen.

The cursor is moved around the object around which we want to add a revision cloud. As the cursor is moved a revision cloud is drawn.

When we come back to the point where we started the revision cloud, the revision cloud is closed. An arc is drawn.

There is a lot you can do with a revision cloud. You can put it on its own layer. And you can do soemthing with the width of the revision cloud.

The revision cloud that has been drawn is a polyline. You can change the width of the polyline. Use the PEDIT command. You know how it is done.

OK. I've told you everything about the REVCLOUD command. And I've shown to you what options the REVCLOUD command has got.

But I must tell you something more. I must tell you about the styles of the REVCLOUD command. There are two styles. NORMAL and CALLIGRAPHY.

A revision cloud with a normal style has got a polyline with a fixed width. A calligraphy revision cloud has arcs witha starting width and an ending width.

------------------------------------------------------- Everything you want to know about AutoCAD. Base AutoCAD book, advanced AutoCAD book, also 3D book. Get the books here.

acadconsult

May we look forward to your posting the rest of the ACAD help file?

RicodJour

"Don"

Yes, I was a bit surprised it was her-- never exactly liked the tune or Mitchel-- so thanks to you, I went back and got a certain Judy Collins' (still 'Both Sides Now'). And there's a new kid who's apparently done a remake too... Can they please put some old songs to rest finally? And I wish that some online lyrics sites would respectfully post the original artists, singers and writers, etc..

Reply to
Warm Worm

"Don"

Fortunately, I'm unaware of those 2, at least by name... Please do not attempt to help me find out if I actually do know them. ;)

Reply to
Warm Worm

I think I'll aggravate all of you by posting a link to the WORST video every. Not only is the production quality spectacularly bad, with the choreography, but the lyrics are some of the worst ever written. Even they would make a vogon cry.

So...without further warning, I post up:

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Reply to
3D Peruna