Re: The value of shopping local

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in news:YWE5j.19972$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

"Announce" is a charged word and is not the same as either "make a side comment that" or "include in a discussion with someone because it seems to the two of them that it relates to the topic".

Also, don't confuse "care" (as in, "to be emotionally invested in and therefore concerned with, or having anxiety about") with "clarify". Someone can have an intellectual interest in attemting to clarify a point, without being emotionally invested in whether one or more specific poeple will be able to, or more specifically choose to, comprehend that clarification.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in news:0ZE5j.19973$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

I think it's possible that her reaction is intentionally nebulous so that people can project onto it whatever they themselves would feel in a similar situation. I would be bewlidered and probably defensive; I'm not able to understand why or how someone might feel gratified to have someone else just holler "I hate you" out of the blue...I'm also not sure that I would really *want* to be able to comprehend/relate to such a reaction...

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Yeah, but why waste your breath, unless we're eavesdropping on some interior self-affirmation he learned from Tony Robbins....or an inadvertent post to the wrong group like ++ doesn't now and again....

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I'll bet you didn't know that I was the template for Howard Roark.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com:

Funny designator. But not imapporpriate - it's a poignant story, bittersweet.

5 Hankies, heh ;)
Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com:

I was born in 1956 =:-o Mental age is another matter, of course ;) - I seem to have been very old when young, and getting younger as I get older

Overall, tho', people *do* seem to be a lot more, what's the best word, hypersensitive?, then seems to have been the case in the past. It becomes a problem when feelings take total precedence over logic/rationality. I'd be interested inwhether a study has been done comparing the *statistical percentage* of mass-murderers in the population (plain numbers would increase as population increases), because I think there is a correlation of sorts between lack of self- control, and this business of blowing away unmpety-ump complete strangers before offing onself, as opposed to just suicide. THis is whjy I don't think that, as I'd mentioned elsewhere, violence can be controlled merely by controlling access to things - I think there is a fundamental problem with the society/culture.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Sounds like blasphemy meets the Honeywood File. (

)

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com:

It's not too difficult - I don't move as fast as I used to ;)

Reply to
Kris Krieger