Can a Richardsonian Romanesque style house be built today?

I have notice and researched the Richardsonian Romanesque style (usually with the Red Sandstone or Sioux Quartzite)houses of the late

1800s and than they almost completely stopped construction of these types of houses by the early 1900s! Is it now illegal to use Red Sandstone or Sioux Quartzite in new construction? Supposed I win the lottery or make a HUGE killing on the stock market which would allow me to easily spend $5-10 million on a home or about 8500-10,000 square feet. My ultimate dream house if I would be able to afford it and be allowed to build it would have the ICF construction conbinded with using Sioux Quartzite (a pink stone which I think my girlfriend would really love. Pink in different shades is her favorite color) and very strong shatterproof windows to minimized tornado damage and I would want the house to have exterior walls at least two feet thick if I can legally build it. If I was that rich I would not hesistate to spend $500-700 per square foot on my ultimate dream castle! Now I need to win the Powerball! :-)
Reply to
kevindreyling

As far as construction capabilities anything that was ever built can be built today - it's just going to cost you. Codes and such are limitations, but not necessarily total prohibitions. If you can prove the safety, and have time and money to fight for your cause, you will probably prevail - eventually. Again, it's just going to cost you.

RicodJour