I have a Hoover Carpet Cleaner Model Number F7452900

The Brushes stopped turning. I cleaned the filter screen at the bottom of the unit, by the brushes, and that didn't fix the problem. When I tried to make the brushes turn, it smells like something is burning.

Reply to
Big Red

Sounds like hair or dust fibers wound themselves around an axle (or all of them)m, then got packed tight into their bushings and seized the brushes. If you turn the vac ON but the brushes are seized, you would smell "electrical" burning smell from the motor that's overloaded. I would carefully inspect the axles the their respective bushings and remove any hair/lint/fibers you can find in there, then try again.

Reply to
homeowners