What kind of freon do I add to a portable ac unit?

Actually, Freon is a trade name for Dupont. The correct term is refrigerant. You will need to look at the name plate on the unit. Depending on the age, it could be R-22, R-134A, or R-410A. It should also list the correct amount for the unit. Unless you are a qualified HVAC tech. with the proper equipment to do the work, I would advise you not to atempt to do this because those unit do not have service valves preinstalled on them. If it needs refrigerant it has a leak and needs to be repaired and the correct amount of refrigerant put back in.
Reply to

Site Timeline Threads

HomeOwnersHub website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.