what happens when you drill hole in base of air conditioner my husband didnt read the instructions which said do not drill hole

my unit is a haier 10000 btu

Reply to
puzzled

What was the reason for drilling a hole? Really need more information on this. The unit already has holes in the base for drainage and for mounting purposes. If he did not drill a hole through the refrigerant coil or tubing it should not affect anything.

Reply to
stanhvac1

I'm curious which Haier 10,000 BTU we're talking about, window unit most likely? They also make a portable 10,000BTU one. The window one would have a drip pan at the bottom of the unit. Hard to tell if you can be so careful as to drill an actual hole in the bottom panel and not damage the drip pan, which would lead to leaks, of course.

Reply to
homeowners

Good point as I forgot about the portable units. I assumed it was a window unit. Still I'm wondering what the purpose of the hole is. I hope they respond to this one?

Reply to
stanhvac1