Yates Cabinet Saw 10" - Info or Opinions, Please

I found a 10" Y-A cabinet saw for $400. Looks good but how is the saw in use? Anyone familiar with these? Thanks in advance. Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

Depends on the model.

Reply to
A.M. Wood

I will try to get that. It does use a worm gear to raise and lower the blade, if that helps. Very easy to operate. Respectfully, Ron

Reply to
Ron Moore

Only hear-say. I worked with an older guy a while back who has a little cabinet shop and does nice work who swore by his. According to him, they're nicer than Delta, but not having used it, I couldn't vouch for that.

I know it's probably not much help, but given that particular guy's recommendation, I'd feel fairly comfortable buying one myself.

Reply to
Prometheus

Reply to
Pat Barber