Ice-10 Cabinet Saw

I need to clean and service the gears inside the cabinet. How does one remove the top?

Reply to
Tom

Removing the top is easy, getting it precisely back in place is not. I would advise spraying a de greaser, with nozzle, on the gears and follow up with a spray, with nozzle, lithium grease.

Reply to
Leon

Assuming he's talking about the gears that raise and tilt the blade, I'd probably spray with a dry lube rather than lithium grease. If it were me, I'd spray with the same stuff we use on our tops, Bostik Top Cote. I've used it on all my clamp screws and it works great.

Also I'd think getting the top back in place should not be all that hard for a woodworker use to squaring things up. I reckon that would depend on the saw, and might look if YouTube had any ideas to help.

Reply to
Jack

I'm not sure about an Ice- 10 Cabinet saw but if there are any shims at each bolt location, you would want to be certain that they all go back in the same place.

Reply to
Leon

Best way to get the top back on with guide tracks parallel to the blade, use paint masking tape both sides of the blade. Use a framing square flush to the blade draw lines down the tape. Then remove top.

Helps if the blade is flat.

You have a guide to replace the top and knowing it is back where it belongs.

But if you start with one that is not set up right all bets are off.

Reply to
Markem618