Info please

I'm currently enrolled in school right now but really don't have instructers that really have field experience lol i know sounds like a joke huh? Anyways for the last 2 summers my dads air-conditioner runs constantly and i have went in the attic and noticed it is leaking air but i can't pinpoint all of them though. What would be my best and easiest way to fix this? Tape the crap out of it just to see if it helps or just replace the ducts all together? If i do go and replace it what would you suggest be the best material or name brand? It's a 3 bedroom two bath one story house if i did go by the materials how much would something like this cost me by doing it myself? Any pointers would be helpful too just trying to get some hands on experience and put this bookwork to use but we have'nt covered running ducts in detail really so i feel pretty dumb asking with me graduating tommorow from a

9 month course lol which i feel was barely enough especially with what little hands on experience i get which is very slim to none and it sucks cause i want to get my hands dirty and learn by trying some of this stuff on my own but i don't want to mess it up so if you could as dumb as it sounds can i get some pointers please? Sincerely Ricky
Reply to
HVAC&R newbie

I'd start with the tape, unless the ducting is visibly damaged. Tape is cheap.

Reply to
professorpaul

You should probably post this on alt.hvac for the best response.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Like Ed says, you really ought to post this on alt.hvac; they would give you a lot of answers.

The nice thing about duct tape, you can get it at most hardware stores. If the ducts are metal, I'd look for foil tape, for plastic flex ducts, the cloth tape. Just my preference.

Might be some other problems with the unit. Did you get to use gages (blue, yellow, and red hoses) in your course? How about infared thermometer? I'm thinking there are at least a few things you should be checking.

You sign your name Ricky, but your email is "lol gretchen". Is Gretchen your girlfriend?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...> I'm currently enrolled in school right now but really don't

Reply to