Work boots not made in USA rant

Page 2 of 3

And I wonder what the Indians are saying about us. After all, they're the only TRUE Americans.
Have a nice week...
Trent
Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

No, the best you can say is that they are the first settlers.
snipped-for-privacy@hadenough.com says...

Or the first ones whose ancestors survived :-).
Here in Washington state there's a big controversy going over "Kennewick Man". His bones resemble no known "native" american tribe, but they're fighting to rebury his bones and deny science the right to study them. Some question their motives :-).
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:52:50 -0700, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Some say Kennewick Man resembles Jean Luc Picard. Hmmmmm
-Doug
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:47:53 GMT, "Doug Winterburn"

I heard Mick Jagger. lol
Have a nice week...
Trent
Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.
I've been in manufacturing for most of my working life. Same situation here.
I won't be surprised to

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:56:05 -0400, "Kevin L. Bowling"

I was asking a serious question, Kevin. It wasn't clear what yer tryin' to say...and its still not clear.
Are these folks really Mexicans?...Mexican citizens? Or are they of Mexican descent?
Have a nice week...
Trent
Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Real honest to goodness Mexicans from Mexico. There're literally tens of thousands of them here. I'll bet fifty dollars against a doughnut they don't all have green cards. I am not exagerating in the slightest degree. Some of the American sub-contractors are bringing them up here. They live twenty and thirty to a house. They've completely taken over the landscaping labor force with a strong foothold in food service, framing, drywall hanging, masonry and God only knows what else. Think about it like this, when those Mexican carpenters put me out of business, how about if me and my peers come to your town and do certified breast self-exams cheaper than you? Of course I'd have to to do a terrible exam to get it done faster so I can make six bucks an hour and my greedy boss can make 18 or 20. You're either gonna have to cheapen your breast exams or start doing something else. Of course you may be doing it cheaper already. Did I make my point yet? Maybe it's time for me to take a trip down to tiajuana and get me a busload of trim laborers. Give them a bunch of saws without guards and nail guns without the safety mechanism put them up in a two-bedroom slum somewhere and put em to work. Seems to be working for some folks. This has all happened in the space of about seven years. Like I said I have nothing personal against these guys (the mexicans. I have plenty against their "bosses") they're hard working sob's. I just wish they'd go work hard someplace else.
Kevin

1988 was when the formal strategy went into effect:
(Amazon.com product link shortened) 1-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/102-7319552-4129707
National Pastoral Plan for Hispanic Ministry (Publication / Office of Publishing and Promotion Services, United States caTholic Conference, No. 199-7)
by Natl Conf of Catholic Bishops
Americans welcome people of "all nations" as a fulfillment of "E Pluribus Unum."
The problem arises when a foreign, pernicious, and identified 99.4% pedophile evil has it all "arranged" in order to usurp the culture and sovereignty of the Republic our blood has been poured out to preserve.
No point in running from a fight. Annuit Coeptis: Divine Providence will smile on our endeavour...that our children be neither slaves nor slavemasters.
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:13:21 -0400, "Kevin L. Bowling"

Thanks for the explanation, Kevin. That adds a lot of light to the problem yer havin'.
We don't have nearly the problem yer havin' here in the Mideast.
I guess I don't understand how our country can let all this happen.
Have a nice week...
Trent
Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.
pixelated:

DFTFT, Trent.
---- - Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? - http://diversify.com Web Applications
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 04:15:35 +0000, Larry Jaques wrote:

TIAFT, Lassa.
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 04:32:05 GMT, "Doug Winterburn"

Next time I'll just PYIMFF (filter you, Trent.)

---- - Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? - http://diversify.com Web Applications

Put You In My Filter File? Put You In My ... Filter?

My guess is, This Isn't A ... Troll.
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:42:12 GMT, spam snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) pixelated:

Yeah, that one.

Grok. (But the OP was AFT.)
If you get my meanin', if you catch my drift.
---- A mostly meat-powered woodworker, and proud of it. http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
The issue isn't really Mexicans or any other nationality. The issue is (partly) the fact that cheap, shoddy construction is seemingly the norm, even in some upper end houses. Corporations/businesses seem to be going for the biggest bang for the buck, irregardless of all the other factors. I thnk it's spelled g-r-e-e-d.
Renata
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:56:05 -0400, "Kevin L. Bowling"

smart, not dumb for email
Find a Redwing store. Good work boots/shoes and I'm pretty sure they're 100% made in the USA. (Hope I'm not wrong)
Erik

Here's my favorite
http://www.danner.com /
I believe Danner boots are still made in the USA. They may be a northwest product only.
snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com says...

All with the blessing of the government, the best politicians money can buy.
The worst part