Work boots not made in USA rant

Another snipper snipped: Ummm Josh I beleive I said china not texas. I do beleive theres a bit of a differance. I`d appreciate you not putting words in that I never said. And yes I buy local and american,should be easy to see with the post I made. Maybe a reading class for adults is in order.

Another snipper snipped=)

Reply to
Teej

shouldn't

Nice snippage. Now exactly where are you quoting me about putting words in your mouth? You quoted someone else.

You're correct, maybe reading comprehension class is in order. That or lessons on how to reply using Usenet.

Reply to
Josh

Then lobbying hard for a 25+% US tax break on that foreign profit.I believe US corps going overseas for cheap labor and lax environmental laws have done more to harm this country in the last 20 years than anyone ever could have foreseen. I fear for the future of the US as a solid and stable nation as it's ideals, technology and resources are sold to the lowest bidder.

Not too long ago, it was said that the US was headed for a service economy - in just a few short years we now see that major portions of that business, like the tech, phone and catalog businesses, are heading to India for the cheap labor.

There seems to be no sense of community any longer. Support your neighbor because it's good for you. Support your state because it's good for your neighbor and you. Support your country because it's good for your state, your neighbor and for you.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

You make valid points. Unfortunatly, there is not much chance of anything changing.

Reply to
CW

Try Redwing boots. Made in Redwing, MN.

Reply to
Phil Mitchell

Not necessarily true! Some of Redwing boots have parts manufactured oversea then assembled in the US. Not the same quality as the good old Redwing boot. Watch the labels in the tongue of the boot, some say made in US, some say something like "uppers made in China, assembled in US" or something of the same meaning. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Got a pair. Size 11e. Feel great at first but after numerous attempts, I can't wear them for more than two hours before my feet hurt so bad that I have to change. $165.00 shot.

Reply to
CW

I have a pair of "Smith's American" work boots.

Deep inside, on the tongue, it says "Made in China".

Good luck in the search!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

In 1970 I bought a "genuine African safari hat" in Ethiopia. It had a tag in it that said "made in England". :)

Reply to
CW

I wore nothing but Redwings for work 20+ years ago. Then a job change got me back into boots again. I tried hiking boots, but they would fall apart after about 6 months or so, no mater what brand I bought. Back to Redwing I went. I was surprised to see boots that had China labels on them, but I did find a pair I liked that were 100% made in USA. Those suckers took a week of 10 hour days to break in. I did not think I was going to live through it! But now they are as comfortable as any boot I have owned. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I wore Georgia boots for years. The first time I tried a pair of them they were as perfect as I had ever found. Comfortable from the first day and just got beter. Over the years, the price remained the same. Each new pair was harder to break in. The last pair I owned, I could not break them in. Just couldn't wear them. The price had stayed the same by reducing quality to the point that they were unwearable.

Reply to
CW

In article , snipped-for-privacy@libertyoak.org wrote: [snipped]

You forgot to take your medicine this morning.

Reply to
Doug Miller
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Which obligations are you speaking of, Larry?

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©

Support your neighbor countries...because its good for the world.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©

More than likely, SOMETHING in the manufacturing process...raw materials, machinery, etc...is made in some other country.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©

So...those particular boots are of lesser quality?

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©

Are these folks Mexicans, Kevin?...or Spanish Americans?

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

And I wonder what the Indians are saying about us. After all, they're the only TRUE Americans.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

They should quit tagging products in this way.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©

I don't know if the problem is stiff leather or Your feet not doing well with the sole system. If it is stiff leather on any good boot, here is the best solution.

Make sure that it will not be freezing the next day. Fill the new boots with warm water; warm seems to soak into the leather better. Leave the water in overnight. If there is still water in them in the morning, dump it out. Use the thickness of socks that you will wear with the boots. Put 'em on and wear them till they're dry. Apply neatsfoot oil, snow seal, or whatever boot protection you prefer. Best fitting boots you'll ever experience.

############ Keep the whole world singing. . . Dan G (remove the 7)

Greg O wrote:

Reply to
Dan G