Work boots not made in USA rant

I don't know. Every boot that I bought that was made in China did not hold up as well as my made in USA Redwings, so I did not take the chance. Also I am just pointing out that just because someone buys Redwings, it does no guarantee that they are 100% US made. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

No, the best you can say is that they are the first settlers.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I've been in manufacturing for most of my working life. Same situation here.

Reply to
CW

It's the sole. Problem is my feet, not the boots. I have somewhat unusual feet.

Reply to
CW

Or the first ones whose ancestors survived :-).

Here in Washington state there's a big controversy going over "Kennewick Man". His bones resemble no known "native" american tribe, but they're fighting to rebury his bones and deny science the right to study them. Some question their motives :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Some say Kennewick Man resembles Jean Luc Picard. Hmmmmm

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

I was asking a serious question, Kevin. It wasn't clear what yer tryin' to say...and its still not clear.

Are these folks really Mexicans?...Mexican citizens? Or are they of Mexican descent?

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©

I heard Mick Jagger. lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©

Real honest to goodness Mexicans from Mexico. There're literally tens of thousands of them here. I'll bet fifty dollars against a doughnut they don't all have green cards. I am not exagerating in the slightest degree. Some of the American sub-contractors are bringing them up here. They live twenty and thirty to a house. They've completely taken over the landscaping labor force with a strong foothold in food service, framing, drywall hanging, masonry and God only knows what else. Think about it like this, when those Mexican carpenters put me out of business, how about if me and my peers come to your town and do certified breast self-exams cheaper than you? Of course I'd have to to do a terrible exam to get it done faster so I can make six bucks an hour and my greedy boss can make 18 or 20. You're either gonna have to cheapen your breast exams or start doing something else. Of course you may be doing it cheaper already. Did I make my point yet? Maybe it's time for me to take a trip down to tiajuana and get me a busload of trim laborers. Give them a bunch of saws without guards and nail guns without the safety mechanism put them up in a two-bedroom slum somewhere and put em to work. Seems to be working for some folks. This has all happened in the space of about seven years. Like I said I have nothing personal against these guys (the mexicans. I have plenty against their "bosses") they're hard working sob's. I just wish they'd go work hard someplace else.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin L. Bowling

1988 was when the formal strategy went into effect:

Pastoral Plan for Hispanic Ministry (Publication / Office of Publishing and Promotion Services, United States caTholic Conference, No. 199-7)

by Natl Conf of Catholic Bishops

Americans welcome people of "all nations" as a fulfillment of "E Pluribus Unum."

The problem arises when a foreign, pernicious, and identified 99.4% pedophile evil has it all "arranged" in order to usurp the culture and sovereignty of the Republic our blood has been poured out to preserve.

No point in running from a fight. Annuit Coeptis: Divine Providence will smile on our endeavour...that our children be neither slaves nor slavemasters.

Reply to
yeomanartisan

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:47:14 -0400, Trent© pixelated:

DFTFT, Trent.

----

- Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? -

Web Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

TIAFT, Lassa.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Around 1973, I watched someone drag a large (and very ugly, but this was the '70s) vase back from Romania. Handing it down the stairs of the coach, back home in England, it was turned upside down for the first time - revealing the "Made in Birmingham" mark.

Seems that Romania always had a big trade with Brum. The local word for doorlock is "yahle", a corruption of the well-known Midlands firm "Yale".

-- The revolution will not be merchandised

Reply to
Andy Dingley
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Thanks for the explanation, Kevin. That adds a lot of light to the problem yer havin'.

We don't have nearly the problem yer havin' here in the Mideast.

I guess I don't understand how our country can let all this happen.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 04:32:05 GMT, "Doug Winterburn" pixelated:

Next time I'll just PYIMFF (filter you, Trent.)

Ok, what does TIAFT stand for?

----

- Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? -

Web Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Put You In My Filter File? Put You In My ... Filter?

My guess is, This Isn't A ... Troll.

Doug Miller

The issue isn't really Mexicans or any other nationality. The issue is (partly) the fact that cheap, shoddy construction is seemingly the norm, even in some upper end houses. Corporations/businesses seem to be going for the biggest bang for the buck, irregardless of all the other factors. I thnk it's spelled g-r-e-e-d.

Renata

smart, not dumb for email

Reply to
Renata

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:42:12 GMT, spam snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) pixelated:

Yeah, that one.

Grok. (But the OP was AFT.)

If you get my meanin', if you catch my drift.

---- A mostly meat-powered woodworker, and proud of it.

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques