Woodworking Plan Software

Does anyone know of any good woodworking plan software at a reasonable price....FREE!!!! or otherwise.

Kevin S Main

Reply to
Kevin S. Main

Paper, pencil, and the wetware between your ears.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

It is best to do a Google search for the specific item you are interested in. You will find that many people have asked the same thing and have gotten various answers--some helpful--to the same question.

I use plans mostly for construction techniques. For example, I bought Furniture Designs, Inc. plan for a dresser:

built this:

of the construction techniques were questionable in the Furniture Design Plans and, believe it or not, the Stickley catalog has a good amount of information on suggested construction techniques.

By downloading the Stickley catalog here:

using the photo of the dresser on page 109 combined with the Furniture Design plans and a story stick (look that one up too) the rest was just cranking.

Kev> Does anyone know of any good woodworking plan software at a

reasonable

Reply to
eganders

On the rare occasion I feel the need for computer involvement in the design process I use Visio. Pretty good at printing out precise sectional views of say a window sash or door stile too. You can draw in the measurement system you prefer and when it comes to printing it it comes out the right size. Oh and it's a doddle to learn.

Nicholas

Reply to
Nicholas

Reply to