DVD software to read "woodworking at home"

Hi:

I subscribe to the monthly (or so) Woodworking at home DVDs. However, I have trouble playing them on either of my XP Home machines. If you know what software to use (specifically for those DVD's), please post a reply. Neither Windows Media player nor Realplayer10 seem to be able to play at the required speed, especially audio.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Han

You want something like WinDVD. Or alot of the DVD burning software packages come with players. Roxio for example comes with DVDMAX Player.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

I use Roxio's DVD player, that comes with it's CD burning software, that came with my Plextor IDE DVD drive ... works good.

Reply to
Swingman

"Brian" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I had to reinstall my Dell WinDVD software. Took all of 5 min, 4 1/2 of which was finding the installation CD-ROM.

Duhhh.

Reply to
Han

Reply to
nospambob

You can go to the windows media player site at microsoft site, find a link there, to where you buy and download any of several DVD codecs that will work with WMP, $15. Or "borrow" one from a neighbor.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

This is what I use and it works beautifully (by the makers of WinDVD but specifically for XP)

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

do a google search for "real alternative"

Reply to
bridger

Tom Veatch wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks Tom, and all who answered. As mentioned, I reinstalled WinDVD (Dell-supplied) and all seems well now, at least well enough for viewing the DVD's.

Reply to
Han

You could also go to the WinDVD website and see if there are any updates for the version you have. Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK