Wooden candle holder ok?

x-no-archive:yes
I saw in a magazine a square bottom with holes cut out for 7 tea candels. It had a mirrored back glass and a clear front glass. I think the bottom was made out of metal made to look like wood.
I was thinking, could I make this out of wood or is that asking for a fire?
I make and have used wooden tea-light holders and seen many offered by others. Try picking up a lit tea light where wax has melted - not really that hot. Brad
x-no-archive:yes
Any pictures of your work? This that I was looking at was enclosed by glass wxcept the top and had a tray for 7 tea candels in a row.
The glass had some type of mirrored coating on both the front and back that gave the impression of infinante candels due to the reflection. Could I make that? What would I use for the glass. It is somehow tinted, but you can see through it. Brad wrote:

I made a cherry wood lantern with a wooden bottom, wooden corners, and glass inserts. The top is made from metal. I covered the top rail pieces with metal too. The bottom has sliding dovetail wooden piece where a candle is positioned into a metal cup. The top metal gets hot from the burning candle, but still I would not let it burn unattended. It doesn't make sense to put a burning candle into a wooden cup, though.
Tea light candles come with the wax in a metal or plastic cup. If they will not burn the plastic cup, it makes sense that the wood is safe. As for not burning them when you are not there, the fire department recommends that with all candles of all types. Brad
I made some ta candle holders from small logs (maybe 4-5" branches really) cut in half and drilled out to hold the candle. I have noticed some scorching of the wood, so make sure the holes aren't too deep.

I turn tea light holders all the time and have never used an insert...
We usually have several burning at once on summer nights and the we've never even had the lip of one burn, much less the hole that the tea light goes in...
I'm assuming that you're talking about the kind that have their own aluminum cup? Some folks include what are sold as "votives" in the tea light category, and they might be a fire hazard unless contained in something metal.. Mac