Wooden candle holder ok?

x-no-archive:yes

I saw in a magazine a square bottom with holes cut out for 7 tea candels. It had a mirrored back glass and a clear front glass. I think the bottom was made out of metal made to look like wood.

I was thinking, could I make this out of wood or is that asking for a fire?

Reply to
stryped

I make and have used wooden tea-light holders and seen many offered by others. Try picking up a lit tea light where wax has melted - not really that hot. Brad

Reply to
Brad

x-no-archive:yes

Any pictures of your work? This that I was look> I make and have used wooden tea-light holders and seen many offered by > others.

Reply to
stryped

I made a cherry wood lantern with a wooden bottom, wooden corners, and glass inserts. The top is made from metal. I covered the top rail pieces with metal too. The bottom has sliding dovetail wooden piece where a candle is positioned into a metal cup. The top metal gets hot from the burning candle, but still I would not let it burn unattended. It doesn't make sense to put a burning candle into a wooden cup, though.

Reply to
Phisherman

Tea light candles come with the wax in a metal or plastic cup. If they will not burn the plastic cup, it makes sense that the wood is safe. As for not burning them when you are not there, the fire department recommends that with all candles of all types. Brad

Reply to
Brad

Reply to
Jim K

I turn tea light holders all the time and have never used an insert...

We usually have several burning at once on summer nights and the we've never even had the lip of one burn, much less the hole that the tea light goes in...

I'm assuming that you're talking about the kind that have their own aluminum cup? Some folks include what are sold as "votives" in the tea light category, and they might be a fire hazard unless contained in something metal.. Mac

mac davis