Woodcraft clamp sale tonight

Page 2 of 2
The guy that worked at the store was not allowed to buy any. Maybe he wouldn't have even if he could, but I wonder.
I have a bunch of Bessey K-bodies already, and they are great. Even so, it's hard to say that a 48" Jorgensen cabinet master isn't worth $17.99 and at that price is a MUCH better value than a full-priced K-body.
I am a little concerned about the locking problem, but when I tried to lock them closed at the store I was always able to open them again, albeit with quite a bit of force in some cases. There are some key differences between these and the Bessey clamps, however, that favor the Jorgensens. Namely, the Jorgensens allow the clamp head to be reversed, so you can use them as spreaders if desired. Also, the sliding part of the clamp is just slightly raised up from the end supports, so if you lay the clamp on the bench, you are still able to slide the jaw without having to lift the clamp. This is a BIG benefit compared to the K-bodies.
We'll see how it works out, but I doubt I'll be taking these back.
Mike

that they were all sold out at around 1am. Could not get back to sleep! Scott
: > Well, I just successfully placed an order online with Woodcraft for 4 each : > of the Jorgensen cabinetmaster clamps. It took 15 minutes to get through : > the order process - SLOW, as would be expected at the site right at 12:00am. : > My order status is "waiting for order approval". We'll see...... I'm : > wondering if they had an inventory control in their system to stop the : > orders at the sale price when they run out..... : > : > The shipping was only $11.99 for 12 clamps, and no sales tax (this is : > actually wrong, as there is a brick and mortar store 2 miles from my house). : > That makes ordering online cheaper than running down to my local store at : > 9:00am and paying sales tax but no shipping! I also was told by the local : > store manager that he only has 30 each of the clamps to sell, with a limit : > of 4. He didn't order 60 each, the max allowed, because he was afraid he'd : > be stuck with them! : > : > Bob : I spent 55 minutes in some sort of computer limbo before I was told : that they were all sold out at around 1am. Could not get back to : sleep! : Scott
I got my order confirmation this morning that said they will ship.
He didn't order 60 each, the max allowed, because he was afraid he'd be stuck with them!
LOL,,, stuck with them....that was a rather short sighted thought by the store manager.

They may be franchises, in which case, this might be right -- the company from which you ordered does not have a physical presence in your state.
My speculation; worth what you paid for it!
--
Alex

The online store is a part of Woodcraft corporate. Your local store might be franchised, which may be how they get away with no sales tax.
Brian Elfert
writes: : : >The shipping was only $11.99 for 12 clamps, and no sales tax (this is : >actually wrong, as there is a brick and mortar store 2 miles from my house). : : The online store is a part of Woodcraft corporate. Your local store might : be franchised, which may be how they get away with no sales tax. : : Brian Elfert
Fed-Ex has my clamps and estimated delivery on Tuesday. Not bad for 11.99 shipping of a 28lb. package.
Hey Bob,
Same story for me, FedEx and 10/21 delivery estimate. I wonder how they packaged them. The clamps I got at the storefront were 2 to a box, so I had 6 boxes. It seemed like the sum weight was more than 28 lbs., too, but I guess I'm mistaken.
Mike
writes:

My online line order history at woodcraft.com says my 12 clamps are coming in two boxes, one at 40 lbs, and one at 28. Total, 68 lbs, for 12 bucks shipping! Delivery scheduled for Tuesday.
Bob
writes:

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:56:00 -0500, "bob"

today it was in 3 boxes (one for each of the 3 sizes), total shipping weight was about 97 lbs according to the Fed-X info.
I was fortunate enough to get my order in and confirmed last night. Between the ball game and the woodcraft website, the nerves were hopping! Imagine my feeling this morning when Woodcraft sent their confirmation and said they had made a mistake and were sold out. I've been on the phone with them to see how in the world I paid, got a confirmation, and yet they still cancelled my order. Needless to say, I'm a bit irked by them.
Cheers, cc