Wood sinks

Hi
A friend of mine said some woodworkers are building sinks bowls out of spalted or figured wood. It sounds like the bowl is fibreglassed afterwards. Does anyone know where I get get info or pix on this
Thanks
Peter
I'd like to know the same about baths.

Only reference I can find says they used an epoxy finish. That's what I was thinking, some highly plasticized finish. You'd almost want some sort of pressurized application to really drive it into the wood.
http://www.studiocrafts.com/Products/Bt/sink.html
SonomaProducts.com wrote:

Looks pretty but I'd really hate to be the person who has to keep it clean without scratching the finish to the point that the wood is obscured.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate