two sinks?

I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub - shorter than even you'd expect a toilet to be. Here's a picture:

The toilet was in a separate room.

Anyway, my question is... what's the point of this second shorter sink?

Reply to
yawnmoth

Its a Bidet to wash yer ass.

Reply to
ransley

I can't believe someone actually ask this question. Guess Barrack was right we need to learn to speak French or a least learn some culture of other countries.

Reply to
evodawg

evodawg wrote in news:g7gdbp$1lc$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org:

My childhood was in urban city. French is limited to Coupe deVille.

Reply to
Red Green

One way to learn is by asking. Not that you gave an answer or anything. Unlike ransley, to whom I am most appreciative.

Reply to
yawnmoth

Why would I answer the question twice? Isn't that a little redundant?

Reply to
evodawg

Foot washer for Muslims? There's a lot of 'em in France.

If it were a bidet, it would have a fountain type water dispenser rather than a faucet.

Reply to
HeyBub

Its a bidet, its shorter than a toilet, its no kiddy sink and you sit on it, them french and their butt washing machines because they are to lazy to shower, I saw alot of them in 3 years over there. I even saw in use the Hole In The Floor, you are supposed to aim your shit standing, into a 8" hole and not hit your pants.

Reply to
ransley

On Thu 07 Aug 2008 07:44:59p, yawnmoth told us...

That is a bidet, to wash your butt in.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

No, not standing, squatting. Something us Amurricans are seldom capable of, past the age of 10 or so. The standard method of taking a dump in the 2/3 of the world where modern plumbing is a recent innovation. At least when you take a dump in the woods, you can use a tree trunk to lean against.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Sounds like typical ignorance of customs elswhere in this world; including a snide reference to "because they are too lazy to take a shower".

Now, that's an assumption if there ever was.

Rather like saying perhaps; Forty percent of Americans are overweight ..... "because they eat too much". That's also just a snide reference to something that may not be true either! Correct?

Reply to
terry

I wouldn't be that PC. Americans are overeating Slobs.

Reply to
evodawg