Corian Sinks

I was told by a salesman that the undermount Corian kitchen sinks have been known to break if you pour hot water into them. Anyone heard this before? Thanks. Pat

Reply to
Patscga

I don't know about cracking from hot water... I do know lots of folks who've found them less than great. It seems that it's easy to scratch Corian. You can buff it out because it's solid surface, but I've heard that you end up doing that way too often.

FWIW, Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Pat,

I've installed several Corian sinks over the years and have never heard of this problem occuring. However as mentioned in this thread - they do have a tendancy to scratch and they are extremely quiet as compared to stainless steel or porcelain (especially with a disposal.) Buffing is an option. The corian countertops are more easily accessible for having to remove scratches, but the inside compartment of a sink makes things quite awkward.

Jim Mc Namara

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Thanks for sharing. Pat

Reply to
Patscga

FWIW, our ~ 2 1/2 year old Corian sink is in fine shape. No scratches and no cracking. We run a lot of cold water when disposing of hot cooking water. White Corian *does* stain a bit with use, but stains are very easily removed by filling up the sink with warm water and a little bleach.

The other posters are correct. These sinks are noticeably quieter.

Victor

Reply to
Victor Grund

You know what? I never thought of a sink being quiet or noisy before. Probably because I've never used anything but porcelain. Pat

Reply to
Patscga