wood for the coffin they carry you off in but not very often

Page 2 of 2

I did hear a story about a person mowing a cemetary when suddenly the ground gave way beneath him. He got out of there as fast as he could and never returned. I guess the concrete 'box' vault will keep that from happening.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 22 May 2015 08:03:12 GMT Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

that means there is a space available no problem there
On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 2:45:18 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:

I'm trying to talk my friends into doing this for/with me. Some get it, some don't...I guess I know who my closest friends are.
http://www.twistednether.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/campfire1.jpg

Sorry - I don't get it - there's no caption to explain what's going on around the campfire .. John T.
--- ---
On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 7:02:55 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

What's going on around the campfire is a bunch of friends reminiscing about the friend who is the source of the flames.
On 5/21/2015 8:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Good way to go.
On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 10:12:34 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

They might want to hold off on the s'mores though.

Everyone should be entitled to a last midnight snack. Someone is bound to drop a marshmallow!
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On Thu, 21 May 2015 12:39:49 -0700 (PDT)

there is also the sky burial
IMO, I cannot see why anyone cannot build their own as long as they meet any restrictions that may apply in their state of burial.
I found this article, a bit old, but informative... http://www.salon.com/2001/01/12/casket/
I believe things should be done per the deceased's wishes only. I've seen too many families hurt by arguments over funeral, casket, etc.
No one is going to make money off my dead carcass.
On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 3:40:07 PM UTC-4, Casper wrote:

re: I believe things should be done per the deceased's wishes only. I've seen too many families hurt by arguments over funeral, casket, etc.
You have to take that "too many" number and subtract the number of families in which the deceased wishes were not known. The family can't do things "p er the deceased's wishes" if those wishes were never expressed.
It's really up to the "deceased" to make their wishes known while they are still pre-deceased, and it's best that it is in writing. Heck, some famili es don't even know if the person wants to be kept alive, never mind the tri vial items such as what color the casket lining should be.
On 26/05/2015 2:24 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

When I was making out my will, I told the lawyer: "A sack will do!" She didn't think the authorities would allow that:-) Graham

On Tue, 26 May 2015 14:57:54 -0600, graham wrote:

I checked with the funeral home and they said that since the cemetery (just across the road) uses concrete vaults, they could carry me over in a cardboard box - I said that sounded good to me.
On 26/05/2015 5:01 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

There have been scandalous occasions where undertakers have re-used coffins after recovering them before shoving the corpse into the furnace. So much of the funeral business is for show! Graham

On 5/26/2015 4:57 PM, graham wrote:

I hope you have that information some other place. Often a person is buried before the will is opened. At least tell your spouse/kids verbally as a start.
On 26/05/2015 8:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

They are well aware! Graham

In dealing with the recent deaths of an uncle and grandfather (on different sides of the family), one thing I've learned is that things in writing have 1,000 or even 1,000,000 times the weight that something that was said does.
If you'd like to be buried a certain way or certain place, write it down. Your family will be busy dealing with the shock of the death and probably isn't in the best frame of mind to make a long-term decision like that. (Even a "You may decide otherwise, but I'd like to be burried in Crater of the Moon, Oregon" may make things easier.) There are some who get something out of visiting the graves of their loved ones.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

I was speaking of where wishes were not complied with.
A friend was handling his mother's burial when his aunt came from nowhere (hadn't heard from her in 30+ years) and took control of everything. She used up all the monies, including 15k+ on the coffin. My friend was so broke at the end, he was forced to sell his home.

That is the purpose of a Will/Living Will. Everyone should at least have a written statment and include it in their personal paperwork.
I have that and more to secure the demise of my remains.
I am considering a tatoo as yet another copy of my wishes ;)