Why is the Hitachi M12V so less expensive than others

Hello,
Not a router expert, not a woodworking expert. I have read many posts in which users said they were very satisfied with the M12V for use in a router table. It scares me that this router is much less expensive than others that people have suggested for use with a router table ( PC 7518, DW625). Can anyone explain the difference in price.
Thanks Larry C
Larry C asks:

It is near the end of its model life, or so I've been told. There's a replacement in the wings, I'd surmise, and they want to sell down current stock.
Charlie Self "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Redd Foxx

Just buy the damn thing. It's the best punch for the buck you can buy. It is not elegant, but tough. I use them all the time in my solid surface shop. I prefer them over the PC Production routers. JM2CW

How about a clone of that one? I picked one up from an Ebay vendor for precisely $26.19, DELIVERED INSURED. <chuckle> It even works!
That's twenty six dollars total for a 2HP <g> 1/2" plunge router. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 781&itemC38407608&rd=1 Mine was from another vendor for $0.99 and this one goes for a buck.
-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive --

Well, first of all, yours is 10a (supposedly) and the Hitachi is 15a. More importantly, yours has runout of a quarter inch and will last about 2 hours. Enjoy. (I bought a $6 sawzall from Homier. It broke on the very first cut.)
Buy it you won't be disapointed. It's an older model but it's a good one.

Lowes are now selling the new Hitachi fixed base M12VC for $139 and KM12VC with fixed and plunge base $199. They are made in China.