Which splitter: Biesemeyer or Excalibur?

I'm fed up with the factory guard for my Unisaw and want to replace it with a splitter. The two that seem like good choices are the Beismeyer and the Excalibur (urls below). The difference in price is inconsequential. Which is the better unit?
The Excalibur seems like it would work better because it's bigger. On the other hand, at some point I'm probably going to build some sort of overhead guard (none of the commercial units seem to make sense), and the smaller Bies looks like it'll be easier to design around.
What says the wreck?
(Amazon.com product link shortened) 619?v=glance
(Amazon.com product link shortened)762661 92/sr6-pd_sr_ec_ir_hi/ref=sr_36_pd_sr_ec_ir_hi_hi/002-7926844-3053619?v =glance&s=hi&st=*

Bies!
I don't like splitters that need a rear attachment, it causes problems with outfeed tables and the like.
Now if only Biesemeyer will get around to making a snap-in unit for my saw.
Barry
You might want to check out the splitter at:
http://www.microjig.com/MJ%20Splitter.htm
..."If you can't make it perfect make it expensive." - IBM
R.J.(Bob) Ross Calgary, Alberta, CANADA

Woah.... Finally some competition... I think I'll spring for this one for $15.00.
I bought their GRR-Ripper. It came with a demo DVD which included a clip on the splitter and how easy it is to install, etc. I plan on buying one also. My shop is in the process of being built in my basement and my new table saw is still sitting in the box in the garadge :-(
..."Experience comes from bad judgment." - Mark Twain.
R.J.(Bob) Ross Calgary, Alberta, CANADA

That's interesting!
I think I'm going to try one.
Barry
Roy Smith wrote:

out. Do a google search and you should be able to find an article on it.

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/w00130.asp
I have it, use it, and wouldn't be without it. For a Left Tilting Unisaur, it is one of the few available. Your local tool pusher should be able to order it as a service part.
Patriarch, who has learned up close & personal the meaning of kickback, and doesn't want any more, thank you.

I'm on my second Biesemeyer... had one on my Jet contractors saw and put one on it's replacement, a Jet Cabinet saw. It works so well that I use it for every cut that allows for it, i.e., any through cut at 90.
I got them from Mike's Tools for less than Amazon was asking. Mike lists splitters for saws Amazon doesn't mention in their listings. http://www.mikestools.com /
John
BEISEMEYER!!!! John

Or if you want something customizeable or simply have problems using a crowbar on your wallet:
http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/howto_splitter.htm

I have the Biese on my Jet cab saw, and I love it (don't ask me why Biese makes a Jet version, I think it's probably about the only thing they make specifically to fit anything from Jet). It was an absolute bear to get aligned, partly because it's almost exactly as thick as a full kerf blade, meaning you have to be really spot on, and partly because they're mounting to a goofy slanting machined face on the saw that looks like it wasn't really intended for the purpose.
Anyway, once mounted properly, it works great.
Tim Carver snipped-for-privacy@twocarvers.com