Excalibur dado question

I recently bought an Excalibur dado from Sears and promptly misplaced the owners manual. Calling Sears to get another manual is a waste of time. They need a model number and it only has a part number. The blade comes with a large flange and I am wondering if that is needed at all. With that flange, the arbor is not long enough to mount the dado set at 13/16. Without it, I have plenty of arbor for the nut. Is the Excalibur flange needed for anything?

Tom

Reply to
Tom N