Which glue to use?

Silicone is for those who don't dare to venture into the realms of sillicon, silliputty or sillisybin.

Reply to
Robatoy

Or those physicists with their Silly String Theory.

RicodJour

That resonates enough with me to give me a hadron.

Reply to
Robatoy

Well, then, you might be interested to know that Cuba lead the way in investigating sub-atomic particles. They were so far ahead of everyone else that it became trivial to them, and they wrote popular songs about the physics involved. Here's proof - a Russian study group trying to glean some of the Cuban's knowledge by emulating them:

studies are very informal.

RicodJour

snipped-for-privacy@tb.org wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

How about applying an additional top coat on each surface and sticking them together wet? I'm not sure it would work, but it seems sometimes the finish-to-finish joints are some of the toughest to get apart.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

------------------------------------ Good quality double backed tape.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Interesting idea. I think that there'd be a problem with working time, but the shellac primer would certainly act as an adhesive. If the clapboard pieces lay flat on the sheathing of the house, it'd work, but if they're like regular clapboard, with only a little bit overlapping the course below, and a little bit touching the sheathing, I don't think there'd be much surface area and the bond would be pretty weak. That's why I suggested latex caulk - it'd fill gaps.

RicodJour

Heh heh.... you betcha!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

It's siding on a doll house for cry-eye. He could use a hot glue gun or even library paste. Elmers Glue-all or Titebond would be fine. Ther is no need to make this complicated.

Reply to
salty

That works fine with lacquer, at least, done it numerous times.

Reply to
dadiOH

Ah so, it was *you* that led the research team that was endeavoring to isolate, in =un-bound= form, the 4h quark[1].

I should have known, when, despite the fact that the project had a fancy academic name, it was almost always referred to as "the search for the naked 'bottom'".

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

One of the glues I've found handy for modeling is Alenes Extra Tacky. That should work great for a dollhouse, especially the smaller pieces.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Liquid nails ?

Mart> >