what to use to glue MDF?

can I use regular carpenter's glue to glue 2 pieces of MDF edge to edge or is there special MDF glue that is appropriate?

thanks...

Reply to
Ah10201

You can use what you like, it isn't going to hold either way.

Edge butt gluing in MDF is just asking for trouble. Use a biscuit, dowel or something.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I use titebond 2. Make sure to use biscuits (as opposed to dowels) to help joint. Dowels will cause the mdf seam to seperate. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

Dowels will work just as well as biscuits.

Reply to
mp

Use dowels then. My experience has been not so good with dowels as they tend to split the mdf layers. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

The problem would be that the dowel hole is a bit small. Same thing would apply to undersized biscuit slots.

Reply to
mp

I tried this once a long while ago. Did not work very well at all. I think the surface is just too porous. maybe if you tried a biscuit joint? at the time I tried this I did not won a biscuit cutter.

You might want to make a few samples up out of scrap and see how well it works.

Reply to
Bob Peterson