Which 3hp bandsaw to buy? Grizzly/Jet?

More often than not numbers on specifications are what the manufacturers want you to see. If you do a good search on Grizzly also you will probably find complaints about how their products arrive. You see what you want to see to justify your purchase. I will say that I too read the complaints about Laguna and personally have not had anything but a good relationship with them.

In many instances a Yugo performs just as well as a Lexus.

I am quite sure that you will be reporting back here that you are very happy with your Grizzly purchase. It's all in what you are looking for in a BS.

Reply to
Leon

I am not sure I would go that far; the Yugo was pretty bad. But I am very happy with my two Toyotas, and didn't even consider the Lexus.

So yes, I expect to be happy with the Grizzly. I am just puzzling now how to deal with a 460 pound crate.

Reply to
Toller

Which state/country?

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Aye, I had problems with my Grizzly contractor saw, but their customer service is the reason my shop keeps getting more and more Griz-Green. ;-) I couldn't get one of the stamped steel wings to align. It was more curved than my reading glasses. But a single phone call to Grizzly had cast iron wings coming my way, and they split the shipping of the new/old wings. I couldn't be happier. "Life Happens" but the Grizzly tech folks help me keep making sawdust. ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I appreciate the offer, but have pretty decided on the Grizzly; I am just trying to work up the nerve to actually order it. Getting the beast into my basement is intimidating.

Wednesday I am driving to Syracuse to pick up my new Oneida "Portable" and "Dust Deputy".

If you know anyone who needs a DC, my old one is on Craig's list.

Reply to
Toller

If you have the freight forwarder offload it from the truck using their electric lift expect to get a serious balance due bill from them. I got clipped for 0.50+/lb. for a load of MDF cabinet doors I ordered for a job. Smoked my biscuits.

Reply to
Dave in Houston

I checked with Grizzly about that. They charge an extra $39. Not pleasant, but better than the alternatives. Once I have it on the ground, I can strip off the crate, table and motor, and get the weight down to 273 pounds. Still heavy, but carryable.

Reply to
Toller

LOL. Yeah those things are heavy. You might consider uncrating and sliding it down on its spine on top of cardboard if going into a cellar.

Reply to
Leon

That all depends on the seller. My Laguna was off loaded from a lift gate and pallet jacked into my garage, no extra charge. The guy was happy to do it.

Reply to
Leon

How do you like the Oneida portable?

Reply to
TH

I am picking it up Wednesday, along with the Dust Deputy.

Reply to
Toller

Chances are, "some assembly" is required, and it's already in pieces... My guess is that the stand, table and motor are not attached to the BS..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

That would save some work; but I don't think the driver would let me uncrate it in his truck.

Reply to
Toller

I am interested, let me know how you like it.

Take the 9s out

9hodget9@9gmail.9com
Reply to
TH

Just got a G0593 & G1023SLWx a few weeks ago.

Grizzly sent me an email with the shipper & contact. I called them and made sure they knew this was residential and I wanted to have it end up in my garage at the end of a 30 ft slightly sloping driveway. They said it was the driver's call but they had delivered many Grizzly's and could usually pallet jack into the garage. The biggest hassle was getting the jointer bed onto the lift gate. Getting it all to the garage was not a big deal. Tipped the driver....

Reply to
George Shouse

being an ol' fart, I was thinking more of getting it from the driveway to the shop.. As far as the $40 for getting it off the truck, it's a ripoff but not one that I couldn't live with...