where to buy bed hooks

Where can I get ahold of the hook/slot dealies that you use to attach the rails to the posts on beds? Does somewhere like a borg have them? Or am I gonna have to mailorder

Reply to
tmbg

Both Rockler and Woodcraft have them in their stores and their catalogs. They work--I've used them.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

I've used these from rockler, not seen'em in a BORG,

attach the

Reply to
news.iastate.edu

Reply to
Ken in Canada

Hello ,

Gonna break in on this post. How sturdy are the rails after you atach these type of rail brackets? I was looking at loose tenon and bolt anchor setup for my rails but would rather go with these fasteners myself. Is a king size bed and must be sturdy.

John V

Reply to
JohnV

"JohnV" wrote in news:E6BSb.333800$JQ1.93604@pd7tw1no:

Not very, in my opinion. I'd recommend bedbolts, which are extremely strong. Not sure why you'd need a loose tenon.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Thanks,

The loose tenon was an idea I saw in another bed plan that I had. Combined the bed bolts and tenon. I think it was so that the bed rail would have no side to side movement.

Reply to
JohnV