Penofin
pen = penetrating o= Oil fin= Finish
Leo
On 18 Sep 2003 22:24:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.nospam (LJancila) pixelated:

This is NO time to introduce logic into the discussion.
----------------------------------------- Jack Kevorkian for Congressional physician! http://www.diversify.com Wondrous Website Design ================================================
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
snip

i donno bout you LJ,,,but i got at LEAST three new additions to my killfile on this one. . .
*G* T
LJancila wrote:

Sure, but check this out.
Danish Oil
Danish = Danish Oil = Oil
Strangely enough it's not a true oil finish, rather, it's a long-oil varnish, or an oil/varnish blend if you prefer.
Martin

I didnt make that up. I read it on the penofin website. it was 3 years ago or longer, anyways its what I remember. Maybe I read the information from a gallon can of the product. Point is thats why they named the product.
Leo
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.nospam (LJancila) wrote in message

Not saying you made it up, it's still on their web site. :) Thing is, the question is whether Penofin is a true oil finish, or an oil/varnish finish. Lots of oil/varnish finishes are labelled as oils, hence my example, Danish Oil.
Martin
I have used the stuff and its definately an oil finish. soaks right into the wood and it takes a few days to dry.
Leo

out
Well, you tell me, genius...if someone at Penofin doesn't know, who does? Do you think someone here has done a chemical analysis of the product and can give us the breakdown? Yeah, i was trying to shut the OP up by suggesting that rather than elicit a bunch of opinions, he contact the manufacturer. I know, they probably don't know what's in it either.
By the way, the only thing worse than a top-poster is replying in-line.
todd
Plonk (on top of course, the way it should be).

something.
CW wrote:

If you don't have anything useful to add, you could just say so.
todd
Top posting is normal in every group I frequent. It is the new standard.

It absolutely is not a new standard. DAGS to see why top posting is and always will be frowned upon in newsgroups. It's only done by ignorant/lazy people and the only reason we see more and more of it is simply because there are more newbies discovering usenet every day.
Assuming you're not a newbie, you should know better and you should not encourage others to forgo basic rules of netiquette.
Jeff ____________________________________________ You won't notice the splinters in the ladder of success, unless you are sliding down.
Sure is. More and more all the time. Things change, deal with it. BTW, I have been around for some time.

standard.

The more is only people using OE with out using OEquotefix. All other newsreaders, by default, post to the bottom. Deal with it.
Au contraire...
Renata

(no stain for email)

<yawn>
WTMKF
jbacke wrote:

I've been an active Usenet reader and poster since the 1980s and top posting absolutely has its place. I do it from time to time. Please calm down.
Martin
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:33:12 -0700, Martin Frankel

I've been involved with Usenet since 1990 and all the groups I've hung out in have taught proper usenet etiquette through the years to anyone who would listen. The only place top posting is ok is with email.
I'm sure I just frequented a better class of groups though.
Jeff ____________________________________________ You won't notice the splinters in the ladder of success, unless you are sliding down.
Seems like you should improve yourself and not hang around with such riff-raff.
Ta ta
Renata

New InstaPlonk(tmLJ) posters like Jeffy are immediately recognizable, wot?
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:06:33 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@myrealbox.com (Renata) pixelated:

-- Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ---- --Unknown