What does sliding Miter Saw do over a non sliding saw

Page 4 of 4
Charlie Self wrote...

...and yet the SCMS takes nearly the same footprint as the RAS.

A good new one. Bargains on good used ones are pretty easy to find. Of course, crappy used ones are even more plentiful, so the buyer must beware. Still, it does seem odd to me that they've fallen so much out of favor.
Jim
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 01:58:25 GMT, "Tom Kohlman"

You should prolly work your way through the Reader Rabbit series before tackling the heavy stuff.
Can you lend me yours or are you still trying to figure them out? Must be somebody in PA that can help although I would be at a loss to tell you who and where. Maybe check out WV?
I was simply commenting on how I had asked a few OT questions very early in the thread and then had to endure too many OT personal snipes without seeing the answers. Sorry you were bothered.