What do you think of Gray Metal South Ducting?

I've been pretty frustrated with matching price, availability and fit for putting together a dust collection network for my shop. This seems to be a common quandry, as described on one of the dust collection websites. I've discovered the ductwork sold at Lowe's made by Gray Metal South. In addition to the flimsy 30 gauge stovepipe style, they also have 26 gauge fittings and pipe. It looks like it will do most of what I want to do, especially in the 6" part of the network. Forget buying anything larger than 4" at the local woodworking shops. They simply don't believe in it.
Has anyone used the Gray Metal South ducting? It looks like I can expect to do some careful sealing, but I see no other disadvantages.
By the way I'd gladly use S&D PVC pipe, but fittings for it cost a fortune.
Bob
I went to my local building supply house and they ordered in 6" spiral pipe for me in 10 and 20 foot sections. This stuff is used commercially for air conditioning. The price was quite reasonable. Most of my fittings came from Air Handling Systems in Connecticut. Easy folks to work with and fair prices and shipping.
RB
Bob Davis wrote:

Thanks, RB. I'll look into that possibility.
Bob

for
be a

I've