Any interest in buying redwood from my tree??

I live near Stockton, CA and have a 60' coastal redwood on my property (about 2.5 foot diameter at the base). It's beautiful, but we unfortunately have to cut it down. It's gotten too large for our lot. I was wondering if there would normally be any interest in buying the wood. How would I go about selling it? TIA.

frankB

Reply to
frankB

Go to the WOODMIZER web site and you should fine the info you need there. One word of caution. Mosts loggers are loath to work on Urban trees. All sorts of surprises may be uncovered WITH the saw blade ie: nails, wire etc.. Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice

Dave Fleming

Dave Fleming wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Frank, We have a Boy Scout project for the John Muir National Monument in Martinez, CA, which could sure use some of the redwood.

email me privately at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net if you're interested in helping. We have experienced people who have volunteered to cut it into slabs, etc.

Thanks for considering this. Glenn

Reply to
patriarch

Check out some of the urban lumber services. They will cut it and haul it away, sometimes they will even pony up a few bucks!

Reply to
TeamCasa

frankB

BTW, For anyone needing more info, the e-mail address above is good.

Reply to
frankB