wd-40

Lew Hodgett wrote: ...

I choose to not have to...

Yeah, it was/(is?) relatively amenable place, at least...

Having to put up w/ the excess numbers of people and their accoutrements are far worse than a few bugs... :) The E TN humidity was indeed sorta' a pain during the worst of the summer, but having seasons is _a_good_thing_ (tm).

If I ever fly commercial again it'll be a very special place/occasion, indeed...

--

Reply to
dpb

Unless you live in SoCal, you may not realize there are 4 seasons, just like everybody else.

Unlike back over the hill, SoCal seldom sees temps below 40F.

Still rememmber my last trip back to Ohio in January when I was reintroduced to -5F overnight temps and why I left in the first place.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
Robatoy

Lew Hodgett wrote: ...

While there are some seasonal variations, yes, they're miniature caricatures of a "season" at best... :)

Awwww, what's a little nip in the air? Weren't any bugs, were there? :)

My biggest complaint still is (and always will be) that if have to wait thru more than one light from one end of town to the other, that's far too much traffic...

--

Reply to
dpb

Where I live, don't have any bugs.

Bugs need water.

Water is in short supply.

Thus no bugs but also no song birds to eat them.

Everthing has a cost.

There still are/were some spots like that in Michigan for instance.

Have sailed into Harrisville, MI a few times which is in the L/P north of Saginaw Bay on the Lake Huron side.

Harrisville is the county seat and has or had one traffic light.

Last time I was there was 20 years ago, things may have changed.

Where I grew up, 50 miles south of Cleveland, nearest neighbor was 1/4 mile away.

Today, they have cut a road thru the field next door, some of the most productive farm land in the USA, and built a development.

250 million people at the end of WWII, over 300 million today.

We either reduce breeding or accept that things are going to be more crowded.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

151 million in 1950.
Reply to
LD

More croweded? Yeah, but everything is relative.

If you took all the people on earth and stacked them up like cordwood, they would fit in a cubic mile.

At population density of Hong Kong, everybody on earth would fit in the former Yugoslavia. Most women would go for this inasmuch as the normal sleep position would be spoon.

Reply to
HeyBub

See what happens when youforget to proof read your stuff.

Thank you for the correction.

What I meant to post was 140 million at the end of WWII (pre boomer).

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

And if the entire Earth had the population density of Hong Kong then what would people eat?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Soylent Green

Reply to
Upscale

Each other >-|

Reply to
Stuart

You're welcome. One of the things I truly enjoy about posting is that some dumb ass with more time than sense will always come along to correct my errors. :o)

Sounds about right.

Reply to
LD

But then, who would want to live in Yugoslavia?

Reply to
LD

water????

Reply to
Joe

Well, I use waterstones for sharpening my planes and chisels, and a whetstone grinder, so why not?

Just make sure you dry well afterwards.

If you're worried add some soluble oil like machinists do

Reply to
Stuart