Way O.T. Coffee on Route 66

Page 1 of 2

I am driving from Florida to New England by way of New Orleans, Vicksburg, St Lois.
I know, long way around.
I would like to stop and have a cup of coffee on Route 66 (bucket list item)
Where in St Lois do I stop?
Woodworking tie-in On my way to help my son build a Kitchen
Ed
Ed Ahern wrote: ...

I don't know of a "St Lois"...
St. Louis Sorry

On 9/7/10 8:13 PM, dpb wrote:

You've never had a typo, douche bag?
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

Of course...once I'd have thought that was what was; consistently made me wonder if OP did have somewhere else in mind...
On 9/8/10 8:03 AM, dpb wrote:

Hmmmm, not sure I buy it...... but I'll say "I'm sorry," just in case. :-)
--

-MIKE-

Oh, Oh, the Cheerios got pissed in again.
Max
On 9/8/10 12:18 PM, Max wrote:

I prefer a granola cereal.
--

-MIKE-

To piss in, to eat, or to piss in and then eat, Mike? ;)
-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson
On 9/8/10 4:06 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yes. Not necessarily in that order.
--

-MIKE-

Admittedly, it's true that the lady reporter Clark Kent worked with as never been beatified, but .....
The town of "St. Lois Park, MN" is just outside of Minneapolis. "Bay Saint Lois, MS" is found near New Orleans. And St Lois cathedral is in New Orleans.
Lastly, the manor St Lois in Sutton upon Derwent,can be found in Yorksire East Riding (county of Humberside), England. It dates from the 1200s, if not earlier.
On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 13:01:25 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

Never been to Metropolis, IL have you....
Mark

I can't help you with that, but while in New Orleans be sure to stop at the Cafe DuMonde in the French Quarter for coffee and and donuts. Also if you stop in Slidell La. Have a shrimp po-boy at the South Side Cafe. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
Jack Cassidy
On 9/7/2010 11:00 PM, Jack Cassidy wrote:

I can not help with specifics but here is information on US66
http://www.historic66.com/missouri/det-mo1.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_66_in_Missouri
There are many Old Highway association in the US. I beleive there is one that has or does drive old 66 on a Periodic basis. I am sure you can find more on Google.
On 9/8/2010 8:37 AM, Knuttle wrote:

There are also several books on route 66. I have hopes of riding what's left of it some year.
J. Clarke wrote:

there's a nice section of it in northern az. part of that is a bowl valley with visibility of about 40 miles of dead straight road. i'm told that it's a good place to test out what the top speed on your car is, but there's just no possiblity that i've done anything like that.
regards, charlie phx, az
Charlie, my trip this year is from Florida, to New Orleans (Bucket list), Mississippi River (Bucket list), Vicksburg (Bucket list), Memphis (Bucket list),St. Louis{rt.66 & The Arch} (Bucket list).
Then its off to New England to help my son(very gratifying)
Next summer its off to the west. Alamo (Bucket list), Painted Dessert (Bucket list), Grand Canyon (Bucket list), Las Vegas (Bucket list), Hoover Dam, (Bucket list), and just maybe a certain spot in northern Az. As of this writing I have never been west of Ohio and Ohio was by accident.
Ed

A serious disappointment for me. I visited it in 1961 while stationed at Lackland AFB. Tiny place right in the middle of downtown San Antonio. At the time there were numerous radio ads for "Joskie's of Texas, By the Alamo". Shoulda been a clue. Do visit the Riverwalk, and Breckinridge Park. Even in 1961 the Riverwalk was nice and I've seen stories about the improvements over the years. If you go to Breckinridge Park, do rent a horse. DO NOT ask for a gentle horse and make sure that the top half of the Dutch style barn doors is open as you return ...

Don't miss the Missions. I thought they were more interesting than the Alamo (which is a Mission as well) Or the Tower of the Americas. If you're interested in the Arch the Tower of the Americas is even higher.
http://picasaweb.google.com/contrarian32/TowerOfTheAmericas #
Max

See if you can work in Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive on the way.