Walt Akers

Does anyone know Walt Akers ?
I read a funny story he told about trying to take measurements of a Big Clock. He left me hanging, as he never had a follow up.
http://tinyurl.com/3doood
Smitty
In article

He had a site called Twisted Oaks, but it looks like it is no more. Several of his stories are mentioned here: http://www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
Scroll down to bottom of page.
FrankC
--
http://sawdustmaking.com

That page brings back some really wonderful memories.

Charlie do you have any By-Lines in any Mags nowadays?

Yeah, but...Cars & Parts for January, Corvette Enthusiast for March, etc. I'm working on a book right now, but that won't be out until '09. I guess I should see about selling an article or two in the meantime, but I've been kind of lazy about the woodworking area, working more with beauty and tech articles for vintage autos.

I know cars have been more of your mainstay. But, I was thinking about woodworking. Have you looked into any of the DIY shows?
Roy