De Walt nail gun

DeWalt DC618KN 18V 63mm Cordless Nail Gun - Bare

Is this thing battery-less?
Mine cost 365 or so if I remember correctly. I can't remember how many batteries it had. 2 or 3. Can't be three can it? Anyway it got nicked a few months ago. The boss thinks he is going to get away with paying me a pittance for it I think.
At least he has agreed to pay for it. There is also the matter of the 200 special offer Makita driver drill set.
I bet that he is thinking in terms of 50 or 60 quid. I get the idea he has got the employer of the culprit to agree to some deal or other without realising what I have lost.
Another one here; different price but what am I not seeing?

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
DeWalt DC618KN 18V 63mm Cordless Nail Gun - Bare

http://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-dc618kn-18v-63mm-cordless-nail-gun-bare/24199?kpid $199?cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&gclid=CIrLpsyH5LMCFbMbtAodCCcAvA
Is this thing battery-less?
The caption clearly states "Bare" I suspect therefore without batteries supplied.
Mine cost 365 or so if I remember correctly. I can't remember how many batteries it had. 2 or 3. Can't be three can it? Anyway it got nicked a few months ago. The boss thinks he is going to get away with paying me a pittance for it I think.
At least he has agreed to pay for it. There is also the matter of the 200 special offer Makita driver drill set.
I bet that he is thinking in terms of 50 or 60 quid. I get the idea he has got the employer of the culprit to agree to some deal or other without realising what I have lost.
Another one here; different price but what am I not seeing?

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/dewalt-dc618kn-18v-heavy-duty-cordless-nail-gun-body-only-p705?gclid=CPr50s2H5LMCFczHtAodejQAaw
This is the same. Expect to need to purchase batteries
What looks like the same one, with batteries, is on Screwfix for an eye-watering 530.
If you know who stole it, why not involve the police? Very nice of the boss to reimburse you.

Building partnership (two brothers) doing an extension here. Employed chippies left on site doing external woodwork.
They needed to slot facia boards for the soffits so I allowed them to use a table saw in the workshop (riving knife cut down).
One of them clearly got tempted as my Makita jig saw went missing. I complained to the builder and it mysteriously reappeared. Nothing said but workshop kept padlocked.
Roofer on site, builders only got screed to do and an overnight break in with various tools stolen. Police/insurance involved. Apart from an industrial vacuum cleaner, most items were replaced new so I was only out the excess and the inconvenience. The police were not keen to pursue the chief suspect who was the son-in-law/nephew -in-law of the builders and there was a compensatory adjustment in the final price.
--
Tim Lamb

In message

Something similar was dumped here about 4 years ago. Nail gun, nails and carry case but no batteries. Presumed stolen and then dumped when the thief realised it was unsaleable without the batteries.
--
Tim Lamb

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 09:48:24 +0000, Tim Lamb

Some contractors' employees are a bit careless with their employer's tools, though. A couple of years ago a house I was working on, the owner asked me if I wanted my drill back - an almost new auto-feed Makita cordless driver, about 500quids worth. The blokes putting the guttering up had left it at their arse when leaving the site for the last time. They probably didn't even know where it had gone. I think the house owner hung on to it, waiting for the penny to drop, but as far as I know they never came back for it.
On Friday, November 23, 2012 2:48:59 AM UTC, Weatherlawyer wrote:

On both sites it mentions what;s include which implies the battery and charger aren't although on downloading th PDF via screwfix page 29 Package contents The package contains: 1 Nailer 1 Charger (DC618) 2 Battery packs (DC618) 1 Safety glasses 1 Kitbox (K-models only) 1 Instruction manual 1 Exploded drawing
It also states "Do not use the tool on a ladder". but I don't really understand why .

Because ladders shouldn't be nailed?
I'll get my coat.

The laws for health and safety at building sites are stupid these days but when you realise what people will do on ladders and the like with modern kit in their hands, you can begin to realise why.