TS digital guide

Just found this. Anyone bought one? http://www.wixey.com/index.html
--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas
Art Ransom wrote:

I've never thought a Biesemeyer needed additional accuracy. The angle guage looks like it'd be nice for setting honing guides, though.

I have the digital angle gauge and I love it, makes it very easy to set the blade tilt. Haven't tried this one yet though.
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:32:39 -0600, "Art Ransom"

I haven't tried one of those, but it's a proven technology. I've seen them plenty of times on panel saws and attached to knee mills. I'm sure they work fine- but it seems a little expensive to me.
Art Ransom wrote:

Those things look great but I'm tired of picking up a tool and finding out I've got batteries to replace again.
I might change my mind later but I've developed a pretty healthy liking for non-digital readouts. I never forget to switch 'em off, and I never open the battery drawer to find out I forgot to stock up on a certain hard-to-find battery type.
But that might be just because it's in my recent memory. :-)

Nifty, but not $150 worth of nifty. Matching up those little lines on the scale is easy enough with the Beis now that I'm not inclined to spend a lot of money to get what I have, just a different form. When I start using my table saw to cut non-wood parts to aerospace tolerances, I'll get one.