Trying to find a specific type of drawer slide

I need some help.

I am looking for a drawer slide that will lock in the open position and not close unless manually released. I'm building a gaming center for my kids in an armoire and I'd like to have the control panel slide out, lock in place, then slide back in when so I can close the doors when it's not being used.

A regular keyboard type drawer won't seem to work as whenever there is a bit a forward pressure applied to the drawer, it unlatches and closes.

I've seen a drawer slide on a rack mounted server here at work that slides up and locks in place, exactly the way I want it to for this project. I just can't find a manufacturer stamp on it, and I've checked the rack manufacturer's website for parts and accessories with no luck.

This is probably a pretty simple item to find, I just can't seem to stumble on the correct name for it in my searches.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--Matt

Reply to
MatGyver

You might save yourself some time by just building in this feature. A sliding peg will do it. Or you can make one that is spring loaded.

Reply to
peter

: >I am looking for a drawer slide that will lock in the open position : >and not close unless manually released. I'm building a gaming center : >for my kids in an armoire and I'd like to have the control panel slide : >out, lock in place, then slide back in when so I can close the doors : >when it's not being used. : : You might save yourself some time by just building in this : feature. A sliding peg will do it. Or you can make one that is : spring loaded. : : You are looking for slides like the one's used on servers and keyboard trays that mount in racks. Perhaps looking at the Dell, Compaq, web sites may give you a start in the right direction. Also rack component distributors may have what you need.

Reply to
Bob Gramza