time for wood floor to cure?

We had the floors refinished--sanded, stained and 2 coats of poly. The last coat was put on yesterday morning, tomorrow our stuff arrives. The movers want us to sign a waiver saying they aren't responsible for any damage to the floor. I guess we have to sign it, but what precautions can we take (besides not moving the furniture in) to protect the floor? We're considering putting most things in a back bedroom for another week or the garage, or putting cardboard under all the furniture legs. What about boxes? Are they OK to put on the floor? Thanks
Lisa wrote:

cloth booties among other things -- put on at entrance way..
We always laid some temporary rugs at the entrance ways
Station a "police officer" at the entrance to make sure shoes are removed or booties are worn.
Good luck - glad it ain't my problem.
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek