This End Up Furniture- question about assembly

Hello, I have a large sofa from This End Up furniture that I bought several years ago. I want to get rid of it but can not lift it as it weighs several hundred pounds. Does anyone know if these come apart? I dont remember if, when initially delivered- it came in parts... thanks
KOS wrote:

A chain saw will dismantle it quickly and efficiently.
Dhakala wrote:

I did that with a hideous old sofabed about 10 years ago.
Lotta fun!
Jerry

Several hundred pounds? Take the fold-a-bed out first.
Dave
no bed in this unit
We had several TEU pieces and all came knocked down. Assembly was with silicon bronze capscrews with a hex head. The heads are about 1/2" in dia. If you see these on your piece it's probable that's how it was assembled too.
Art

My this end up stuff was disassembled too. BTW it served us well for 18 years, the last 2 of which the dining table has made a fine workbench top and the hutches great cabinets for tools too. :-)
--
Rich Harris

"Wood Butcher" < snipped-for-privacy@zzzz.com> wrote in message
[Sigh] Just read what I wrote earlier. The heads are round. The sockets in them were hex for an allen wrench.
Art

Hello all, thanks for the reply. I suppose it did come dissassembled. makes sense. Anyway, I am looking at the long sofa and I see holes where nails went.. There are also staple style nail holes there. I dont see any area where there are screws.. Can someone explain where these are located? I want to disasemble so as to make it lighter to carry upstairs.
Appreciate your help. I am pretty handy just please be specific with instructions. thanks again
Try the manufacturer. thisendup.com

Huh . . I thought they were out of business, but it looks like they just closed their retail stores.
We had good service from them for our bed, and I kinda like their stuff. So I'm weird.
KOS wrote:

This end up did go out of business several years ago. A new group bought the name and designs. They seem to be making a comeback selling mostly to colleges and office furniture markets.