Unisaw assembly Question

I am putting together a new unisaw. So far so good. I am impressed with the fit and finish of the saw. No problems. The table is pretty flat, the wings went on fairly easy and it was easy to get on the mobile base.

When I had to adjust the 90 degree stop to allow me to put the blade at straight up 90 degrees but found that with the lock nut on the bolt, I could not adjust the bolt in far enought to get the saw to 90 degrees.

I was goning to either remove the lock nut and use some locite to hold the bolt in place or use a grinder to grind down the head of the bolt to give me the necessary clearance. I am hoping you guys recommend the locite since I dont have a grinder.

Also I have a question about the biesimeyer extension table. From the looks of it, it is fairly bowed and twisted. Will it straighten out when I bolt it to the fence rails. I havent measured the twist but its bowed downward in the center about 1/8 inch or so.

Thanks for your help. I am really jazzed about getting the unisaw up and making some saw dust

KC

Reply to
Kevin Coleman

"When I had to adjust the 90 degree stop to allow me to put the blade at straight up 90 degrees but found that with the lock nut on the bolt, I could not adjust the bolt in far enought to get the saw to 90 degrees."

Get a longer bolt. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

Unless I am looking at the wrong bolt, the bolt needs to be screwed IN further so a longer bolt wont do it. With the thickness of the bolt head and lock nut on the bolt the ttrunion cant come up enough

Reply to
Kevin Coleman

Well that's embarrassing because that is supposed to be factory set and checked.

Look at the tang on the front trunion bracket (where the screw head contacts the casting) and see if there is a parting line bump or some casting crush on that area. If so, file it off or touch it with a die grinder if you have one.

Grinding the head of the screw a bit would work also. I don't think loctite would hold.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher