Can this end up looking good?

Hi,

I have contractors working on a bathroom at my house. They actually seem pretty good although they are not going all out. I'm now getting a little worried seeing this intermediate point in the drywalling:

Should I be worried or are they going to be able to straighten it out?

Thanks,

Aaron Fude

Reply to
Aaron Fude

Framing isn't square. Did they do the framing? If not then they will just compensate when finishing sheetrock. If they did framing I would get a level and check floors, etc.

Reply to
Art

The small section of wood showing looks kinda old. But the OP doesn't say if it is new construction (perhaps within an older house) or entirely new? Looks fixable by a good plasterer; but good quesion why is, seemingly, the structure 'off' by that much?

Reply to
terry

If it is the framing that is out, and it cannot be readily fixed, I would at least look to shimming the left ceiling (it looks like the ceiling) to keep it flat as there seems to be a definite curve to the panel and this will look bad no matter what as I cannot see the taping and mud crew adding an inch or more of mud to level it.

The small section of wood showing looks kinda old. But the OP doesn't say if it is new construction (perhaps within an older house) or entirely new? Looks fixable by a good plasterer; but good quesion why is, seemingly, the structure 'off' by that much?

Reply to
EXT

Depends on how fussy you are...If it were me I'd take the drywall back down now and shim where needed to ATLEAST get it close...If not just pack the hole with Sheetrock Brand Durabond and tape away....

Reply to
benick

I'm with you. Just mud it up, get it as flat as you can, tape it, sand it and call it good.

STeve

Reply to
SteveB

Reply to