things looking pretty good

so far. :)

recent rains have really helped out with getting some nice growth on all the garden plants.

the tomatoes are almost as tall as i am and seeing plenty of fruits forming. it is going to be interesting times canning if all these plants come through (we'll need to be buying canning jars).

cucumbers i've been picking for a few weeks. since we don't have as many plants as last year it isn't as rediculous.

i have one baby hubbard squash already forming. first time i've tried to grow these. the other squash are getting more leaves and blooms so it shouldn't be too long before seeing some fruits form on those too.

beans are blooming a lot and putting on some beans. Japanese Beetles doing some chewing so i need to check the plants each morning and pick off some of the bugs and squish 'em.

melons i'm not sure i have any fruits starting to form yet, but they are blooming.

onions starting to get bulbs.

peas mostly done, but a few weeks yet for the later varieties to start drying down.

garlic is lifted, nice crop, only three bulbs are showing signs of trouble and we'll use those first. it takes a while to dry/cure it before it goes into dark and cool storage. i need to get out eventually and snip off the tops of the garlic that is still around the yard to keep those from dropping and starting even more plants.

the heat/humidity today was rather attrocious but it is mid-summer. it should be a little cooler this week. some rains in the forecast. be nice if the rains are regular enough i don't have to use the well to water.

hope your gardens are doing well! :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird