thickness planer on edge

interesting machine
https://vimeo.com/92210202
the contouring is a nice feature
now i look for a video that shows what is under the hood

What's wrong with a table saw for that job?

... I mean for the edge jointing.
On Fri, 07 Oct 2016 20:47:26 -0500, Gordon Shumway

Indeed. At least the table saw will cut the edges perpendicular to the surface. Is there a fence in that thing or are they counting on one edge to be true? Doesn't seem sane to me.
On 10/7/2016 8:47 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Edge jointing with a planer???? Does not guarantee a straight edge.
TS works well if you have a sled to mount the work on. Or a track saw works well also.
and why not have the machine on the sides and the board flat. Seems as it might twist... Martin
On 10/7/2016 7:37 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 8:37:29 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:

I don't have room for a table saw, a miter saw, a planer and a jointer. I do have room for a miter saw and one other machine.
I think I'll buy the T45 planer and get rid of my table saw. I can cross cut with my miter saw and plane with the T45. I ever need to rip a board, I'll just run it through on edge over and over again until it's the right width. ;-)
I wonder what I'll do with all that extra sawdust.