THICKNESS PLANER WANTED.

Looking to find a used thickness planer in or around Houston. Wanting something around 12 or greater inches for hobby work only.

Please email with your location, telephone number and address where it can be seen.

Thank you.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Why? You going to sneak over and steal it?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

No balls! That's why he uses that hotmail addy so you can't tell he's posting from a SBC internet account in Plano, TX.

He doesn't need a planer, he's thick enough.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I thought he was using a prodigy acct, where'd you see SBC? I forwarded his stuff to hotmail and prodigy, BTW.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

It's a robot. That's the only explaination.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Um, why? He's asking the same thing once a month and not checking responses, true, but how is it in violation of any AUP or TOS? Clueless and annoying, sure. But, actionable?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I sent him (or rather her, I think) an email that I had one for sale and got a response asking for my address, to which I responded requesting that (s)he stop spamming the wreck and go buy a planer. I got no reply, but the same day came the post at the root of this thread.

perhaps a dozen or two polite requests to cease and desist would have an effect. but then, what would we have to bitch about?

Reply to
bridger

Jim,

WTF is it with you and this planer nonsense? I was going to killfile you, but it looks like you're actually participating in other threads, and I hate to do that to a guy (though I imagine you wouldn't care much) It's becoming fairly obvious that no one has what you're looking for, so just look elsewhere. If all else fails, and $300 or so just isn't in the budget, buy your lumber already thicknessed, or hit some thriftsales and find an old plane or two- often, they're laying in someone's basement for the taking if you ask nice. Sure, it's more work, but you're obviously stubborn enough to post this drivel time and time again, so I'm sure you can handle hand planing.

If not, perhaps you'll have better luck finding someone who is willing to plane your stock for you for a nominal fee here than just asking the same question over and over- by the time people get as far as buying a planer, they obviously take the hobby pretty seriously, and generally aren't looking to get rid of their tools.

Reply to
Prometheus