There wouldn't be much to read here if all quotes were disallowed.

Page 1 of 3
worst offenders: Joat, Tom Watson, Charlie Self (I just noticed his "boring" quote on r.p.d.), and Larry Jaques. Forgive me for not including the remaining top offenders.
Why do you all feel compelled to embellish your own thoughts with quotes (often they are repeated for what seems like eternity , as a sig line)? Don't your own words offer enough wisdom to stand on their own?
Do you plaster bumper stickers all over your vehicles too? Does your license plate frame say, "If you can read this, you are too close"?
When you talk, do you quote the great philosophers to spice up your conversation with friends and family?
Just wondering...
(Sorry I have no memorable (or STUPID and LAME) quotes to furnish with this post.)
dave

Why do you feel compelled to post this? Nobody gives a shit that you're annoyed by signature lines. I used to think you were unfairly picked on around here, but posts like this are the equivalent of wearing a "Kick Me" sign.
todd
and thanks for the "kick", Todd... :)
you sound pretty easy to piss off...
(not that I give a sh*t)
dave
Todd Fatheree wrote:

How did this post get past my kill file?
Roger

do I care??
dave
Roger L wrote:

Roger L writes:

Dunno, but you managed to get it past mine. I do wish that if my responses irk him and my signature line bores him that he would do the simple thing--kill file me. If there were a way I could do it for him, I'd gladly do so.
Charlie Self "The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the exercise of his mind." Jacques Barzun

I have found Tried and True varnish looks absolutely fabulous on cherry. You should try it sometime.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)
so you wanted to be included in with TW, et al? done! :)
I haven't made anything from cherry yet, Paul. I use mostly oak. just finished an oak DVD storage cabinet. The good news is it holds all my DVD's. The bad news is if I buy more than 5 more, I'll be outta space again...sigh.
dave
Paul Kierstead wrote:

Well, now see, you will soon discover the first rule of DVD storage: No matter what you build, your collection will grow to exceed it. Actually, mine significantly exceeds it...time to dump some DVD's.
Or, for hard disk space: No matter how big your hard disk is, the amount of free space is a constant.
BTW, the miscreants should take a lesson from you, Paul. I wonder if anyone, including yourself knows what I'm referring to?
dave
Paul Kierstead wrote:

Nice. How about: "Those who aren't interested in learning about others are like animals." Onesmo Gabriel, Masai warrior attending school in Wisconsin
Or: "The whole problem with the world is that the fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell
Or: "Never miss a good chance to shut up."
BAD

And, particularly in the regard of boy dave:
"Why don't they just take their ass-whipping and go home?" Charles Barkley
Regards, Tom.
and deprive you of some fun on a Friday night? No way!
dave
Tom Watson wrote:

[SNIPPED]
It looks like Homer is having his menstrual period again.
--
Bill

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Philski

Zeke Change com to net for e-mail
What I find interesting is your attempt to equate the practice of using a quote from a philosopher, an esteemed author or an otherwise honored individual to the practice of placing a bumper sticker on one's car.
Could it be Dave that this indicates your highest level of literary achievement and therefore you simply do not possess the ability to appreciate another's eloquent use of language skills as do the men you mentioned?

He is just a trouble-making jerk!
--
Bill

LOL! that's IT! you found me out!
dave
Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Fri, May 28, 2004, 9:01pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (WoodchuckBill) claims: He is just a trouble-making jerk!
A bit harsh aren't you? I've never thought of Homer as being much of a trouble-maker.
JOAT "106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood
"Hit it." - Joliet Jake