The Towers bedroom project, Completed!

Page 4 of 4

Exactlly! I highly recomend the ........ Festool Domino... Bet you did not see that one coming.. LOL

Leon,
On second thought maybe I will show her. I sure could use a drum sander for smoothing out the veneers, and a domino to speed up the mortise and tenon work. She loves the mission/arts and crafts style, so slowly I have been replacing our existing furniture with that style. She's a keeper so I will show her your bedroom after all. At least that way she can decide which she wants first a new dining table or a new bedroom set.
Again great work and thanks for showing it off, Steve

A nice bandsaw will help you get the most out of your wood, but that might be pushing it. ;-)
Puckdropper

LOL, My Laguna was up to the task of cutting the arch over the bed and the arcs on the tower upper door details. Not to mention the veneer for the bed posts. :~)

There you go... those tools absolutely make the project and others for that matter much easier. A 12" disk sander came in handy also. I made all of the drawer pulls, 18 of them out of cherry and oak, cherry being the outer, most visable wood. They have rounded fronts so I glued a pattern on to them and sanded the ark shape to match the pattern.

And again, thank you.

WOOOOW!!!
--
Best regards
Han

LOL... thank you Han...
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:37:40 -0500, the infamous "Leon"

OMFG! The connecting bridge between the towers mad a big change, Leon. That (lovely set) is scaled for no less than a 20' x 30' bedroom. ;)

--snip--
Whatcha got, maybe 200 c/f of storage space in that thing? It's perfect for houses without any closets or dressers, huh?
Nicely done, but I still can't get over the sheer size of that thing.
Sign me: Puny insect.
-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler
scrawled the following:

Yeah it did. Well it might be a little small for a 600' room. I'm not finished, I am planing on replacing our current dresser with a larger one in the same theme. ;~)

Thank you Larry,
It is not tooo intimidating. I think a camera with a different lens would put things a bit more in perspective. ;~)
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 00:45:37 -0500, the infamous "Leon"

A glutton for punishment, you is, Leon mon.

Put a human in there next to it for perspective and I'll bet there's no difference in the intimidation factor. ;)
-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Ya know, when I saw your earlier stuff I was wondering how it was going to work in a smaller room. Very clear now. That is a beautiful addition that provides all of the storage you could possibly need in one very neat package using minimal floorspace.
Nice Work!
RonB

Ya know, when I saw your earlier stuff I was wondering how it was going to work in a smaller room. Very clear now. That is a beautiful addition that provides all of the storage you could possibly need in one very neat package using minimal floorspace.
Nice Work!
Thank you Ron! I guess a big advantage to using Sketchup is that I, early on, drew the bedroom and started putting the designed pieces into that drawing, to make sure thay would actually fit. ;~) Seriousely though and as others have that have been following along like you pointed out, the bridge between the towers made it all work and IMHO made the room look bigger.
The room has 10' ceilings and I really wanted to use up some of that wasted space for storage, along with under the bed.