Bedroom Project

I have posted pictures at a.p.b.w. of the progress of the "Arts & Crafts" style bedroom furniture that I am working on at the moment. A combination of mostly quarter sawn oak and cherry. A bigger explanation of the details is on that group.

Reply to
Leon

For a second I thought by "Bedroom Project" you meant...

Oh, never mind. Nice woodwork!

- Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Well, Hopefully it will be inspirational. ;~)

Thanks

Reply to
Leon

Looks good. It will really be a nice picture when you build the entire bedroom set. (hint, hint)

That is a lot of little pieces of stock. How do you keep track of all 4,652 pieces of stock? :)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Thank you!

I'll do that as I get to those points.

LOL, you noticed! IIRC there are between 2-3 hundred seperate pieces. How do I keep track? I build all like sections at one time and only those sections. Basically I cut out all the pieces for the 4 sides and assembled then for the face frames and back. Then the Fixed shelves and assembled the main unit. Then the drawers, then doors and so on. Doing it that way you don't have too many different sizes to keep up with.

Because each part is made into a component in Sketchup and then given a specific material name the program along with Cutlist 4.0 keeps every thing segregated and correctly entered into CutList Plus 2009.

After drawing each piece and converting into a component I can snap all the pieces together to assemble the project on Sketchup. this isures that every thing fits. I then select the unit and Cutlist 4.0 sees each component and imports the data into Cutlist Plus 2009.

Note Cutlist 4.0 and Cutlist Plus 2009 are seperate programs. Cutlist 4.0 is a Sketchup plug in.

Reply to
Leon

Nice looking stuff there, Leon. Cherry and oak mixed....mmmmm never tried that. Can't wait to see it finished.

Reply to
Robatoy

Nice looking stuff there, Leon. Cherry and oak mixed....mmmmm never tried that. Can't wait to see it finished.

thank you

I cant wait to se the cherry darken. LOL Right now it looks like oak with out the coarse grain.

Reply to
Leon

I posted a couple more pictures of the handles and drawers on a.b.p.w.

Reply to
Leon