Testing for DC Leakage

Hi,

Long time listener, first time caller ;-))

I just bought a Jet 1100CK DC and set it up last weekend. I thought I read somewhere that some people have found leaks in their new DC's. What is the best way to test to make sure that I get the most out of this unit.

Thanks

Reply to
John Smith

Make plenty of sawdust?

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Start making dust and look for any accumulation of dust around the junctions. I have found that they are pretty easy to spot.

Bob McBreen

Reply to
RWM

You need one of those hand held smoke generators, often used in buildings to check for air leakage (check the links below). In this case you would be looking for air leaking INTO the ductwork or component parts at the seams. You squirt the material in the direction of the seam and watch to see if it is sucked in or simply disperses (i.e. no leak, in that case).

Reply to
Brian in Vancouver, BC

Post again and tell us what kind of hook-up you are using.

Tim

Reply to
TDUP

Or a Panatela...